Meet Dr. Holt
In 1999, Dr. Tom Holt graduated from the Creighton University School of Dentistry in Omaha, Nebraska; and then moved to Coos Bay, taking over the well-respected practice of Dr. John Muenchrath. Dr. Holt immediately became a leader in the local dental community, serving two terms as both President of the Southwestern Oregon Dental Society and as trustee to the Oregon Dental Association. Dr. Holt is involved in community programs such as Ready to Smile and Neighborhood Dentist, which foster partnerships between dental professionals, schools, non-profits, and local government agencies — to provide increased care for children throughout Coos County.
Dr. Tom Holt genuinely cares about his patients, which is obvious from the very first visit. Dr. Holt takes the time to get to know and understand his patients, letting them explain their past experiences, their current needs, and their future expectations. He also takes the time to ensure that his patients truly understand their options when it comes to achieving their dental health goals as well as their functional and cosmetic goals.
Dr. Tom Holt grew up in Las Vegas. Needless to say, he has fallen in love with the natural beauty, mild climate, and adventure of the Southern Oregon Coast. He even likes the rain! He and his wife have three beautiful children who share in his passion for adventure and exploration. Together they surf, cycle, and quest for the perfect toasted marshmallow. Dr. Holt also enjoys kayaking, mountain biking, skiing, and participating in triathlons. He is involved in theater, having performed in Bandon Playhouse productions of Camelot, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, and Oklahoma!
- 1995 – 1999 - Creighton University School of Dentistry, DDS
- 1992-1995 - Loyola Marymount University, Biology
- Member American Dental Association
- Member Oregon Dental Association
- Member Southwestern Oregon Dental Society
- Member Academy of General Dentistry
- Oregon Dental Association, Board of Trustees (2003 – 2009)
- Southwestern Oregon Dental Society, Professional Relations Officer (2010 – 2011)
- Southwestern Oregon Dental Society, President (2001 – 2003)
- Southwestern Oregon Dental Society, Secretary/Treasurer (2000 – 2001)
Meet the Team